Friday, November 21, 2014

Knockout Knits Review





Knockout Knits
Author: Laura Nelkin
My rating: 4/5 stars














Summary:

Knockout Knits features a collection of fun ideas for knitting projects. Nelkin has a passion for pushing the limits and she offers new "innovative knitting techniques" for anyone that either wants to learn new skills or develop old ones. There are three chapters, each chapter beginning with easy projects and progressing to more difficult ones. You can even learn how to knit with beads in the stitchings! Keep these cool projects for yourself or make gifts for the upcoming holiday season!
-----

My thoughts:

This book is very, very neat. I am a beginner in regards to knitting. I got this book so that I could expand my knitting skills and make cool things. Full of small projects, this book is a great one for people who want to learn new techniques and practice on smaller things like socks or hats. Though I've had a busy semester at school and haven't been able to knit anything, this book looks very promising. As soon as winter break comes, I will be trying some of these projects out. They all have detailed directions and pictures to help guide you. The layout and overall design of the book is appealing to the eye as well.
-----

Would I recommend Knockout Knits?

Yes, I would definitely recommend this book, especially if you're looking to try new knits and advance your skills. It's an easily-understandable knitting book with resources for help and an index as well. It's a comprehensive, yet short book with fun projects inside.
-----

Resources:

More info on the book can be found here.

Please check out the author bio for further details on Laura Nelkin.
-----

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment